jueves, 11 de octubre de 2012

Calypso



I really enjoy eating in a restaurant of Italian food, a trattoria called Calypso. This restaurant is in Cajón del Maipo, far away of the noisy and dirty air of Santiago. There you can find incredible views, directly to the Cordillera de los Andes, full of vegetation, beautiful trees, and flowers, is a sanctuary.




The only problem is that is very far, and you have to get there in car, in a travel of 45 min aprox. but, sincerely the food, and the place worth it. A friend of my father recommend to him this place, and told him that is “a gorgeous place with an exquisite food”, so we went to find out, and he was right. I don’t remember when was the first time I went there, but I believe it was like 6 years ago, since then we go for special occasions, or when we had the mood to travel 45 minutes, to eat a delicious food.



I really like this place because there plant and harvest all the ingredients for their menu, there have their own olives, tomato plants, lettuce and various spices, so everything is natural and healthy. Also, the owner make the pasta, so everything is craft production, delicious! What I really like to eat where I go there is any type of pasta, like raviolli, or gnoqui, or fetuccini, but always with the Noci sauce, which is delicious!!! Also the natural juices, and the deserts are amazing, like the pannacotta with raspberry sauce. I think the last time I went there was like 2 months ago, with my sister and my mother, I don’t remember what are we celebrated on that occasion, but I remember the good time we spend together, talking and enjoying the beautiful views and the tasty food. I totally recommend this place!

8 comentarios:

  1. pasta! My mouth is watery...
    I think it's great; the landscapes in that area must resemble italian places aswell, right? I really need some gnoquies now!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. wow it sounds delicious i will definetley try it some day, and if they serve canneloni with ricotta i will certanley be their custumer for life jajaja

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I went to Calypso a few years ago and really enjoyed it. However, as my wife and I both enjoy a good glass of wine with our meal we haven't been back (otherwise we'd be arguing about who was going to drink and who was going to drive!).

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It´s such a beautiful place!!! I´d love to go. It´s a shame how far it is

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I've never been there and one of my sisters loves Italian food, I think today's post will be very useful this long weekend :)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I really love that restaurant, i went with my family once and everything was perfect, and the house is so beautiful, with the mountains in the back

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I've never been in Cajón del Maipo, all the people says that it's wonderfull, and with pasta it would be better yet.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. The place looks just beautifull. I will love to go there, thank you for sharing.

    ResponderEliminar